Terms of Service
This agreement is between Get Energy Inc. DBA Get Wifi (to be referred to as Get Wifi for the remainder of this agreement), and the subscriber.
1. All our services are provided “as is” and “as available” without any warranties or conditions of any kind. We do not guarantee that our services will be uninterrupted and available at all times. Under no circumstances shall Get Wifi, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates be liable for any harm, damages, expenses, loss of profits or opportunities that are caused through the use or reliance on our services, regardless of cause.
2. Your account is intended to be used by the household or business who is registered to the account. It is not intended for resell or transfer to any other person or business.
3. We do not track sites you visit or monitor contents of your email messages, unless required by law. If we receive copyright notices from rights holders who are claiming infringement, we are required, by law, to forward such notices to end-users. However, we will not disclose customer personal information to a third party unless required to do so by a court of law.
4. Termination by Customer: Customer may terminate service for any reason at any time by notifying Get Wifi. Cancellation is effective on the date the disconnection request is processed by the incumbent network operator that Get Wifi relies on. A credit for any services prepaid past the cancellation date will be issued to the customer once rental equipment is returned.
5. Customer may not use our service to do any of the following:
(a) Hack, attack or attempt to cause damage to any network;
(b) Knowingly transmit a virus, trojan or other harmful software program;
(c) Distribute unsolicited bulk email (spam);
(d) Distribute copyrighted material for which you are not authorized;
6. Unlimited usage is provided under fair use basis, and Get Wifi reserves the right to terminate service it deems abuses our unlimited service. Fair use means the customer is to use the service in fair manner consistent with normal residential/small business/office use. Get Wifi reserves the right to suspend or terminate service immediately and without advance notice if, in the sole judgement of Get Wifi, the customer is in violation of this condition and abusing our unlimited service.
7. We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue the Service generally, or to disconnect your Service, at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. If we discontinue the Service generally, or disconnect your Service without a stated reason, you will only be responsible for charges accrued through the date of disconnection, including a pro-rated portion of the final Service Term charges. If your Service is disconnected on account of your breach of any provision of this Agreement, you will be responsible for all charges through the end of the current Service Term, including unbilled charges, plus the disconnection fee, if applicable, all of which will immediately be due and payable.
8. Without incurring any liability whatsoever, Get Wifi may suspend or terminate any or all of the Services for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, where Subscriber:
(a) Fails to pay an account that is past due, or provides payment by PAP or credit card which is not honoured by Subscriber’s bank;
(b) Fails to provide or maintain a reasonable deposit or alternate security when requested to do so by Get Wifi;
(c) Fails to meet GetWifi’s credit requirements, or Subscriber becomes bankrupt or otherwise insolvent;
(d) Uses or permits others to use the Services for a purpose or in a manner that is contrary to law; or for the purpose of making harassing, threatening, abusive, annoying or offensive calls;
(e) Charges or allows others to charge any other person for the use of the Services without Get Wifi’s prior written agreement;
(f) Harasses, threatens or otherwise acts unreasonably towards Get Wifi, its employees or agents, or in relation to the Services;
(g) Uses or permits others to use the Services for resell;
(h) Abuses the network with excessive usage as may be solely determined by Get Wifi
(j) Uses or permits others to use the service for commercial or business use.
9. Get Wifi’s Internet is a prepaid service. The first month service payment is due on sign-up and covers the period starting on the confirmed date of service activation to the day before the same date the following month.
Example: Your account is activated on the 9th. The first payment you made applies from the 9th of this month to the 8th of next month.
10. Equipment: Get Wifi rents the cable modem to subscribers on approved credit (OAC). On cancellation of services, it is the sole responsibility of the subscriber to return the rented units to Get Wifi within 15 days. The subscriber will be billed for unreturned equipment as follows;
- TC 4350 Cable modem – $99.97
- TC 4400 Cable modem – $159.97
- CBM CD8000 Cable Modem – $159.97
- CGNM 3550 Cable modem – $149.97
- DPC3848V Cable Modem – $149.97
- Mercku M2 “Queen” Wireless Router – $149.97
- Mercku M2 “Bee” Wireless Booster – $74.97
- TP Link DECO M9 Plus Wireless Router – $149.97
- CipherTV Bar – $199.97
11. All service applicants agree that by using the Services and incurring charges for such use, you authorize Get Wifi to obtain information about your credit history from credit reporting agencies and credit grantors from time to time. All Get Wifi active subscribers consent to the disclosure of your payment history with Get Wifi to such entities at any time.
12. Suspension of Service (i.e. Seasonal Disconnect):
12a. A $10 per month of suspension Account Maintenance fee will be applied.
12b. A two (2) month minimum is applicable to all suspensions.
12c. Accounts can stay in suspension for as long as desired.
13.Plan changes: One free location move is available to our customers every two years. Moves more frequent than the two-year period are subject to a fee of $75.00. The free move program is not cumulative.
14. A $10 service fee applies to all service level changes. A free service level change is available every six (6) month of active service. A service level change is defined as a change in the speed of the plan.
15. We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions of this agreement or any service provided. Notices will be considered given and effective on the date posted on https://getwifi.ca/terms-and-conditions. Your continued use of our services following such notice is your acceptance of such modifications. The Terms as and when posted supersedes all previous electronic and written terms of service.
Your use of our services constitutes your acceptance of this agreement.